Senior Technical Writer
Title: Senior Technical Writer
Location: Remote (US)
Come join a successful team of technical communicators supporting a diverse set of client communication needs! At InfoPros, we develop documentation and courseware required to support our clients’ products, processes and software applications. This focus and our staff of professional writers, illustrators, instructional designers and project managers is why we have a track record of partnering with our clients for the long term.
As a market leader, InfoPros offers an exciting, high-energy workplace. Our goal is to remain at the forefront of our industry by offering high-quality services backed by the industry’s most experienced staff
InfoPros is seeking a Mid-Level Technical Writer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical writing background, composing technical information into clear, concise, print/PDF documentation and online help content for both technical and non-technical audiences. The candidate will have experience creating a broad range of technical publications for both hardware and software, including system user and admin guides, operations and maintenance manuals, online help systems, training manuals and other related documentation.
- 7-10 years experience in technical writing with technical writing being your primary job function
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, journalism, communications or related field
- Excellent interpersonal and general business communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated success working in an environment driven by budget, scope and deadlines across multiple clients/projects
- Experience with researching and gathering relevant technical data from subject matter experts such as engineers, developers and programmers as well as from internal documents
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Additional Desired Skills/Qualifications:
- Experience using the following applications (5+ years): RoboHelp and/or MadCap Flare, FrameMaker, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Previous experience in course development and/or e-Learning
- Working knowledge of DITA/XML authoring tools
- Experience using InDesign, PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, MS Visio
- Experience with basic photography
- You must be legally qualified to work in the United States. We do not provide relocation assistance or sponsorship of H-1 Visas. InfoPros supports our clients’ drug-free work environments. InfoPros is an EOE employer.
- Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls or recruiters please.)