Looking for a Desktop Publisher/Web Design Specialist
Title: Desktop Publisher/Web Design Specialist
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin; Durham, NC; Rochester, NY; Colorado Springs, CO
Come join a successful team of technical communicators supporting a diverse set of client communication needs! At InfoPros, we develop documentation and courseware required to support our clients’ products, processes, and software applications. This focus and our staff of professional writers, illustrators, instructional designers, and project managers is why we have a track record of partnering with our clients for the long term.
As a market leader, InfoPros offers an exciting, high-energy workplace. Our goal is to remain at the forefront of our industry by offering high-quality services backed by the industry’s most experienced staff.
The ideal candidate will have strong design/layout experience with developing a variety of printable and online documents to support the installation, operation, and maintenance of industrial and consumer products and the use and development of software applications. The candidate will have experience with template development and web-design. The candidate will have considerable experience with tools such as Adobe InDesign or Adobe FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, HTML and CSS; graphic design experience is a plus.
- Proficient in InDesign, FrameMaker, and Microsoft Word
- Can develop complex templates and styles for each of these applications
- Has performed DTP on translated files and is familiar with the documentation translation process
- Has a strong understanding of page design and typographic principles
- Has a strong understanding of best practices for designing complex technical documents
- Proficient in HTML and CSS (cascading stylesheets)
- Can use cascading style sheets to design web pages
- Has a strong understanding of the best practices for creating responsive style sheets for web sites and web applications to be viewed on a desktop, tablet, and mobile device
- Can write and troubleshoot html and CSS without the aid of a webCMS or WYSIWYG HTML editor
- 5-plus years of experience
- Minimum Associate degree, bachelor’s preferred
- Experience with layout for a variety of simple and complex types of documentation
- Excellent interpersonal and general business communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Eye for detail and ability to identify inconsistencies in formatting related to fonts, font size, color, spacing, and alignment.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changing priorities and revised timelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as a team member (self-motivated).
- Possesses superior organizational, prioritization, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven success working in an environment that is driven by budget, scope, and deadlines across multiple clients/projects
- Proven success interacting with multiple project managers
Additional Desired Skills/Qualifications:
- Experience with MadCap Flare or RoboHelp
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Has experience with a webCMS, such as WordPress, Drupal or Keystone or other
- Technical illustration experience
To apply for a position or to contact us regarding employment, please use email@example.com.
-Please do not apply for this position unless you meet all of the required skills and qualifications listed in this posting
-Apply only if you live in the area, are willing to commute or are willing to relocate at your expense. You must be legally qualified to work in the United States. We do not provide relocation assistance or sponsorship of H-1 Visas. InfoPros supports our clients’ drug-free work environments. InfoPros is an EOE employer.